The Home Department of the Bihar Government recently announced vacancies for various posts. These are in the IT and Programming Department. Total number of posts allocated as per the notification is 405. The posts are for Programmer, AP (Assistant Programmer), & DEO (Data Entry Operator). These posts are open on a contract basis. Candidates should note that the last date of application for the posts is
5th October 2016 (Extended upto 25th Oct 2016). Detailed information regarding the Bihar Home Department notifications such as application process, eligibility, age limit, syllabus and others are described below;
No. Of vacancies- 405
The Bihar Home Department is providing 405 posts in the IT & Programming department. The posts are for AP (Assistant Programmer), Programmer & DEO (Data Entry Operator). The vacancies will help in improving the IT and digital connectivity of the department. This will reduce overall business circle and increase revenue of the department. Also, deserving IT experts across Bihar will get an opportunity to grow and make their career. Overall, these vacancies have been considered as a bright move from the Bihar Home Department.
|Programmer||10||INR 33135 monthly|
|Asst. Programmer||43||INR 33135 monthly|
|Data Entry||352||INR 17860 monthly|
To be fit for the above mentioned posts, candidates will have to pass the eligibility criteria. This is an important stage for the candidates as without having satisfactory eligibility criteria, they will not be allowed to give examination and their candidature will be cancelled. The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Nationality: Candidates applying for the posts will have to be a resident of India. Since the posts are for Bihar Home department, candidates need to have permanent address proof of Bihar.
- Age Limit: Age limit is the 2nd most critical eligibility criteria. In order to successfully fill the application form, the age of candidates applying for the post should be between 27-37 years. This should be as on 1st December 2016. In general, candidates from ST/ST category or other backward classes are given up to 5 years of age relaxation.
- Educational Qualification: Third most important eligibility criterion is candidate’s educational qualification. The eligibility criteria in terms of educational qualification are as follows:
|Programmer||Degree in CS&E (Computer Science & Engineering)/MSc IT or MCA with an experience of three years|
|Asst. Programmer||Degree in BSc IT/BCA/Graduate with an experience of two years|
|DEO (Data Entry Operator)||12th Pass & Computer Applications Diploma (1 year)/10th Pass && Computer Applications Diploma/Diploma in CS&E/Information Technology/Computer Science. Typing speed should be 40 WPM (English) and 30 WPM (Hindi)|
Candidates will have apply online via net banking or Debit Card or Credit Card. The fee for general candidates is INR 400 and for ST/SC candidates (Bihar Domicile) is INR 100. The official website for online application is http://home.bih.nic.in. Requirements before filling up the application form are valid e-mail, passport size image and signature of the candidate in scan.
Important dates & events
- Start date for online application – 26/09/2016
- End date for online application –
05/10/2016(Extended upto 25th Oct 2016)
- Examination date- Yet to release
- Official Website: http://home.bih.nic.in