The DJB (Delhi Jal Board) has invited applicants for the post of Junior Engineer through an official notification. All candidates are required to make an application within 30 days from the date of publication of the notice. More details in respect of total number of vacancies, eligibility criteria and application follows below.
Total Number of Vacancies – 230
The breakup for the total number of vacancies is given below:
|Post||No. of Vacancies|
|JE (Mechanical and Electrical)||72|
Before the candidates start to opt for registration, they should check with the eligibility criteria first. For the purpose of making an application for the above mentioned posts, each candidate needs to qualify the age criteria and educational criteria. The elaboration is given below:
- Age Criteria: The age of the candidates should be between 18 to 27 years. However, this requirement is only specific for candidates belonging to the general category. For candidates belonging to the reserved category, the basic age relaxation is applicable, that is, 5 years relaxation for SC/ ST, 3 years relaxation for OBC and 10 years relaxation for people with disability.
- Educational Qualification: The most important criteria is the educational qualification criteria. Each candidate should possess a Diploma or an equivalent degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering. It should be noted that no relaxation is available in this criteria and it is mandatory for candidates to own a degree or a diploma from a Government recognized Institute.
How to Apply?
The application process is through a post. Interested candidates should make an application in the prescribed manner at the given address in the notification and present their request for registration. Documents such as photo of the candidate, copy of candidate’s ID proof and other basic information needs to be attached with the application form.
Last Date of Application
The last date of application is within 30 days of the issue of notification. Computation reveals that the last date of application is 09/08/2016 (9th August 2016).
Process of Selection
Though the department has not mentioned clearly regarding the selection process, it is obvious that candidates would be first required to sit for a written examination followed by appearing for an interview. Candidates would be called in the interview round, if they have cleared the cut off at the written examination.
The Delhi Jal Board has presented a very good opportunity for the locals to grab a job under the Government. However, the selection process is very elaborated and only the best candidates can make it through. Over the years, DJB has always preferred to recruit people through an open notification and this time around, the same remains constant.
Points to Note:
- The selection made by the panel cannot be questioned by candidates.
- Each candidate is required to furnish the original document for verification after they have cleared the written exam and personal interview.
- Attached photograph should be recent and reveal a clear picture of the candidate.
- There is no scope for paper recheck.
Vital Link: The web portal presented underside by the Delhi Jab Board mentioned for making the relation to the authorized notice: