The Government of West Bengal recently issued a public notification in respect of job vacancies for the post of Social Audit Volunteers in Gram Panchayats. The concerned areas are Dhaniakhali, Polba-Dadpur, Jangiapara and Khanakul-II. Mentioned below is the complete detail of the recruitment.
No. of Vacancies – 510
There is a total of 510 vacancies for the post of Village Resource Person (VRP). Each district will have 10 VRP and the vacancies would be filled up with the aid of a walk-in interview of the candidates who have applied for the job.
Interested candidates are requested to appear for a round of test/ personal interview on the following dates:
|25.06.2016||Dhaniakhali and Jangiapara|
|26.06.2016||Polba-Dadpur and Khanakul-II|
There are two basic eligibility criteria which every applicant must fulfil. They are:
- Age Limit: The candidate must be 18 years old.
- Education: The candidate should have passed Class X or have possessed any degree equivalent to the mentioned qualification with Government’s recognition.
Apart from these criteria, there are certain sets of preferences which will be offered to candidates. They are:
- Women and candidates belonging to SC/ ST would be preferred.
- The candidate must have worked for MGNREGS in the past or a family member of the candidate should have worked for MGNREGS.
- The candidate should be applying for a post in his own block. For example, a candidate from Dhaniakhali should be making an application for the post of a VRP in Dhaniakhali and not for areas such as Polba-Dadpur and Khanakul-II.
- Candidates who have an experience of social auditing through participating in community based organization would be given preference.
How to apply for Village Resource Person (VRP) 2016?
Interested candidates are required to make their application through a post. First of all, the form needs to be downloaded and then printed out. The application form can be found here (at the end). The candidate needs to fill this form along with fixing a recent color photograph. Once the form has been filled, the same needs to be sent to the office of the respective District Magistrate Office. Cases where the candidate claims to be belonging to any caste or reservation, a copy of valid proof needs to be attached as well.
Candidates who have been selected would be paid for 13 days. For every day’s work, the candidate would be offered a sum of INR 348. This is the same wage which a skilled labour is paid under MGNREGA. However, the authority reserves the power to make a candidate’s selection in their own terms of judgement.
There are few things to note:
- The selection decision of the committee is final and is not subject to any revision.
- The candidate cannot demand a justification for his non-selection.
- At any point of time, the number of vacancy can be increased or decreased as per the requirement of committee.
- This is not a permanent form of employment under the West Bengal Government.
Fundamental Link: Hooghly District Magistrate Office had mentioned the necessity for the recruitment notification to get satisfied with the link underside: