The Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk VII examination 2018-19 depends upon 3 factors, namely: Nationality, Age & Educational Qualification. The following is an exhaustive discussion of the same.
As per IBPS exam schedule the preliminary IBPS Clerk exam is going to held on 2nd December to 10th December 2017. The main exam is going to held on 21st January 2018.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2018-19 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: The first thing that determines the eligibility for this exam is the nationality of the candidate. An eligible candidate has to be one of the following:
- Indian citizen
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A person from Pakistan, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Burma or any other countries from East Africa, who is of Indian Origin and intends to settle down permanently in India.
- A refugee from Tibet, whose ancestors settled down in India, before 1962.
Age Criteria:The basic eligibility states that a candidate should be in between 20 years to 28 years from the opening date of registration. However, there are certain category of people who have been offered age relaxation. The following table will says it all.
|OBC (from non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|People affected by 1984 riot||5 years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir from 1980 to 1989||5 years|
|Employees of Union Carbide Factory, MP||5 years|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Widows/ Women separated and not still single/ divorced women||9 years|
|Ex- Servicemen / Disabled||5 years / 8 years, subject to maximum age of 50 years|
Education Qualification Criteria: Last, but not the least, there are certain qualifications which a candidate must possess before entering this examination. As the requirement of IBPS Clerk Exam, a candidate must hold a Graduation Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree from an institute which has been recognized by a Government Body.
Notes: All the documents are thoroughly verified by the authority before a candidate is given the job. Hence, any deviation with respect to the mark sheet or personal information can result in cancellation of the job even after one has cleared the examination and the interview round.
Points to Remember:
- For the purpose of marks computation, the total number of marks should be added and then divided by the number of subjects. Additionally, enter the score upto 2 digits after the decimal.
- Use of fake ID or mark sheet is strictly prohibited. If a candidate is caught with such materials then he will be immediately barred from further proceedings.
- The eligibility criteria of the IBPS Clerk examination have been mentioned explicitly. No other eligibility requirement is necessary, unless and otherwise, intimated by an official notification.
Each year IBPS Clerk Examination attracts more than 2 crore people from all over India. The competition for the post of Clerk is getting tougher every year, but nevertheless, this given opportunity is enough a serious candidate to make it to the qualification list. IBPS Clerk exams keep alive the hope of millions in India.
Wishing you prosperity and success.
IBPS 2018-19 Clerk Exam Important Pages
|IBPS Clerk 2018-19 Exam||Visit Here|
|Admit Card||Check Here|
|Exam Pattern||Check Here|
|Preparation Tips||Check Here|
|IBPS Clerk 2018-19 (Main Page)||Check Here|
|Application Form||Check Here|
|Clerk Exam Interview Questions||Check Here|