The old name of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) was All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) Paper I. But now, it is known as JEE 2016. The new procedure, pattern, eligibility and another modification of JEE 2016 is as follows. In this article, we will cover all the topics that are required to know about the Exam. But by chance if we forget to mention anything or you have any queries about JEE 2016 exam then please ask your questions by writing in the comment form given below. We will reply back to you within 24 hours.
JEE exam is for all the students who want to get admission in various engineering colleges in India. There are two phases/parts i.e. JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. The candidates can get admission to the colleges according the exam as follows.
- JEE Advanced -> IIT, Indian School of Mines Dhanbad
- JEE Main -> IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology), CFTIs (Central Funded Technical Institute) and IIEST Shibdpur.
As from its name appears JEE-Advanced exam is a very typical exam. So only 1,50,000 top candidates are eligible for JEE-Advanced who clear JEE-Mains. Only those candidates can get admission in IIT’s who clear JEE-Advanced. The rest of the candidates who clear only JEE-Main can get admission in IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology, National Institute of Technology, and any other private or Govt. engineering colleges.
JEE Exam 2016 Eligibility Criteria
1) Passed Class XII or any Other Exam with Mathematics, Physics & Optional subjects on 2014 & 2015
Optional subjects are Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology
2) The candidates are also eligible who are appearing XII class in 2016.
3) 50% of marks are required in total including all subjects.
4) The candidates must be born or after 1st Oct, 1991. (eligibility for JEE Main 2016).
5) The candidates belonged to SC/ST/PwD category can avail the upper age relaxation up to 5 years.
6) The candidates are not eligible if the have studied only four subjects.
Note: The candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in first attempt are eligible .
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2016
The question paper of JEE-2016 will be divided into two parts, Paper “A” & “B.” The duration of Paper A is three hours in which candidates may solve objecting type questions, which deal with the three different subjects like as Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics and paper “B” will contain the Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test of duration of three hours. There will be also a negative marking of 1:4 ratios for each incorrect answer.
Jee Main – 2 Papers
1) Paper 1- Objective Type Questions (physics, chemistry & mathematics)
2) Paper 2 – Three parts
- Part 1 – Objective questions (mathematics)
- Part 2 – Objective questions (Aptitude skills)
- Part 3 – Drawing test
JEE Main 2016 Syllabus
Mathematics: In this subject, questions may be related with the Complex numbers/Sets/Quadratic Equations/Function/Determinants & Matrices/Induction/Combination & Permutations/Binomial Theorem/Continuity, Limit & Differentiability/ Co-Ordinate Geometry/Integral Calculus/Circles/Straight Lines/Algebra/Probability & Statistics/Trigonometry and Mathematical Reasoning.
Physics: The question paper of physics has divided into two different parts, theory having 80% weightage & practical portion has 20% weightage.
Section “A”: In this paper, questions are related with Physics & Measurement/Laws of Motion/Kinematics/Energy, Work & Power/Gravitation/Rotational Motion/Properties of Solids & Liquids/Thermodynamics/Electrostatics/Waves & Oscillations/Kinetic Theory of Gases/Magnetic Effects/Optics/Nature of Matter Andradiation/Atoms & Nucle and Communication Systems.
Section “B”: In this section, question will deal with Experimental Skills.
Section-A: Section A deal with Physical Chemistry & question paper of this will contain the following topics like as Basic Concepts of Chemistry/States of Matter/Atomic Structure/Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure/Chemical Thermodynamics/Solutions/Equilibrium/Redox Reactions & Electrochemistry/Chemical Kinetics and Surface Chemistry.
Section-B: In section B topic which may be asked that is Inorganic Chemistry, and the further sub topics will be classification of Periodicity in Properties/Principal of Isolation of Metals/Hydrogen/S-Block Elements/P-Block Elements/Co-Ordination Compounds and Environmental Chemistry.
Section-C: Section C of the Chemistry deals with Principal & Purification of Organic Compounds/Hydrocarbons/Organic Compounds Containing Halogens/Organic compounds containing Oxygen, Nitrogen/Polymers/Biomolecules and Practical Chemistry.
Aptitude Test: Question of Aptitude test will relate with awareness of persons/buildings/places and Materials.
Tentative Dates of JEE Main 2016
- 1st week of Nov, 2016 – Accepting of online application form
- Last week of Dec, 2016 – Deadline to apply for JEE Main Exam
- 1st week of March, 2016 – Admit Card Available
- 1st week of April, 2016 – JEE Main exam (Paper & Pen Based)
- 2nd to 3rd week of April, 2016 – JEE Main Exam (Computer Based)
- 4th week of April, 2016 – Answer Key and OMR sheet
- 1st week of July, 2016 – Result of Final JEE Main Exam (paper 1 & paper 2)
The candidates can apply online through the official website of JEE Main 2016. You should note that the applications will start from the first week of Nov, 2016. It will start after the official notification on the official website of JEE.
Preparation of Main & Advance JEE 2016 Online
As there are lots of books in the market and online resource to prepare for the Main & Advance JEE 2016. But we have collected best online resource to prepare for the examination. The candidates should also do their research on it.
Official Website of JEE 2016
Official Website: http://jee.iitm.ac.in/ But here you can find only information about JEE 2012, the site is not updated with latest JEE information.
Hope you liked (if not then please comment) our article on JEE 2016 exam. If liked then, please like or share on Facebook’s page, it will help us and other students to know more about that. It encourage us to give more information like free study material, online practice tests and free coaching regarding JEE main exam 2016.