The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has recently launched a public notification expressing the need for 218 junior engineers who belong to the branch of Mechanical/ Civil/ Electrical.
Application period: Interested candidates can apply in between 2.09.2016 to 8.09.2016 (both dates inclusive)
No. of Vacancies: 218
The total number of vacancies under the given notification is 218. However, there are three different categories among which the total consideration is to be made. Here is the actual breakup of the total recruitment-
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Mechanical Junior Engineer||14|
|Electrical junior Engineer||13|
|Civil Junior Engineer||191|
Every candidate who wishes to apply for the aforesaid post needs to qualify in all the 3 eligibility criteria as laid by the Government norms. The eligibility criteria are divided into 3 sections- Age. Nationality and Educational Qualification.
- Age- The age of the candidate should be not be exceeding 38 years and should be at least 18 years. The age is to computed as on the date of notification’s publication. However, candidates who belong to reserved categories such as Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ OBC and PwD would be given age relaxation as per prevailing Government rules.
- Nationality– The candidate should have a valid proof that he is a citizen of India. Even if he is from Nepal or Bhutan, he can apply, provided he agrees to stay in India.
- Educational Qualification– Candidates who are making an application should hold Diploma/ Degree in their respect JE field.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply for this job by following the given steps:
Step -1 Visit the official website of PMC. This can be done by inserting the URL punecorporation.org in the address bar of the browser and hitting the enter key. This will redirect the user to the official website where the applications are being accepted.
Step -2 Find the relevant link where application can be made. The link is usually highlighted in the website and once the link is found click on it.
Step -3 The next step is to click on the ‘Apply’ option and fill up a simple form that requires the basic information of the candidate. The form would require the candidate to upload a scanned copy of his signature and recent color photograph.
Step -4 The final step is to pay the respective application fee through online mode or via challan at the nearest bank.
Once all the above mentioned obligations are complete, the application process is complete and the candidate will have a registration number which would be very useful for future reference.
Dates to Remember:
Here are few dates which are very important from the perspective of this exam. They are:
- Application starts on: 2/09/2016
- Last date of application: 8/09/2016
- Last date to make application fee: 9/09/2016
- Date of written examination: 8/10/2016
If you have any queries in respect of this exam, feel free to ask the same in the comment section!