PHGCDD (Punjab Home Guard and Civil Defence Department) has announced recruitment of candidates for different posts. It is a part of the IPPF (Indian Paramilitary Police Force). This force is voluntary and Indian Police Department’s auxiliary hand. It looks after law enforcement across Punjab State. The major objectives are detection & prevention of crime, law & order and enforcing Indian constitutional policies. Interested candidates are welcome to apply to suitable posts. The article will explain in detail the various eligibility criteria and other notifications such as last date, vacancies and how to apply.
Total Openings/Vacancies- 195
The PCDD has notified openings in across various departments. These include clerk, Bandsman, Cook, Sweeper, Dhobi, Mochi and many more. The openings are available for candidates belonging to both general category as well as reserved categories. The vacancy categorization is as follows:
|Corporal Instructor||57 posts|
|Corporal Armourer||1 post|
|Mochi- Class-IV||01 posts|
Eligibility criteria are conditions which decide whether a candidate is suitable for applying to a particular post or not. All candidates need to fulfill eligibility criteria in order to successfully fill up the application form. The three most critical edibility criteria’s are:
- Nationality: Indian origin candidates are eligible for the post.
- Age Limit: Candidates applying for the post should be minimum 18 years and maximum 28 years. However, age relaxation is given to candidates from reserved categories. These are ST/ST, PWD, OBC and others.
- Educational Qualification: Education qualification of the applicants are as follows:
|Sl no||Post||Educational Qualification||Other criteria|
|1||Clerk||Graduate from recognized institution or University, or,||1. Experience of minimum 121 hours course in personal computer or IT officer in OPA (office productivity application) or DPA (Desktop Publishing Application) or CIT (Computer Information Technology) from accredited institution
2. The individual should qualify English or Punjabi language typing test on computer with 30 WPM speed.
|2||Corporal Instructor||Matriculation from recognized board||1. Part time organization Home Guards with minimum 3 years experience will be given preference.
2. Preference will also be given to individuals having Civil Defence/Home Guard or NCC ‘A’ Certificate
|3||Corporal Armouror||Middle standard academic qualification||PQA (police qualified armourers) or Ex-servicemen|
|4||Bandsman||Middle standard academic qualification||1. Police trained or ex-serviceman bandsmen knowing Brass, side drum & Bagpipe
2. Preference will be given to people with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
|5||Class-IV||Middle standard academic qualification from recognized school or board|
The application process for PCDD will be held online. Candidates are required to fill up the online application with necessary details. Payment can be made online or via challan to designated banks. The application form will be available on http://recruitment-portal.in and the online application process can be conducted via the same link. Candidates facing any issue with respect to application form can call Helpline number of CDAC, Mohali which is 0172-6619062-63.
- Application Date: 01/10/2016- 14/10/2016
- Last date for filling application form: 14/10/2016
- Fees confirmation starting dates- 20/10/2016
- Admit card- TBI (to be informed)
- Examination date- TBI
- Application procedure- Online