Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Central Railway is inviting online applications of interested candidates for Apprentices position with the Railways. The recruitment is being conducted under the Apprentice Act of 1961. Apprentices will be provided training in designated positions at Units and Workshops of the Central Railways. Candidates will have to share fully completed applications form via online mode only before application closing date
RRC Central Railway Recruitment 2017: 2326 Vacancies
RRC has distributed the vacancies as per cluster and trade (positions). The total types of trades are as follows:
|3.||Welder (Electric and Gas)|
|9.||Mechanic (Diesel, Machine Tools, motor vehicles)|
|10.||Tool and Die Maker|
|12.||IT and Electronic Systems|
|Mumbai : Carriage & Wagon (Coaching)||258|
|Mumbai: Kalyan Diesel Shed||53|
|Mumbai: Kurla Diesel Shed||60|
|Mumbai: Sr.DEE (TRS) Kalyan||179|
|Mumbai: Sr.DEE (TRS) Kurla||192|
|Mumbai: Parel Workshop||216|
|Mumbai: Matunga Workshop||579|
|Mumbai: S&T Workshop, Byculla||59|
|Bhusawal: Carriage & Wagon Depot:||122|
|Bhusawal: Electric Loco Shed||80|
|Bhusawal: Electric Locomotive Workshop||118|
|Bhusawal: Manmad Workshop||51|
|Bhusawal: TMW Nasik Road||50|
|Pune: Carriage & Wagon Depot||28|
|Pune: Diesel Loco Shed||50|
|Nagpur: Carriage & Wagon Depot||59|
|Nagpur: Electric Loco Shed, Ajni||48|
|Solapur: Carriage & Wagon Depot||103|
|Solapur: Kurduwadi Workshop||21|
- Nationality: Candidates interested in applying for apprentice position with Central Railways for be Indian citizen with valid ID proof and permanent residence proof
- Age Limit: Candidates applying for apprentice posts with Central Railways should be minimum 15 years age. Maximum age limit is 24 years as on 1st Nov 2016. Candidates belonging to special categories such as PWD, ST, SC etc are eligible for UAL (upper age limit) relaxation as per government rules. Candidates interested in availing reservation benefits should provide relevant caste certificate. Candidates interested in availing the benefits of Ex-servicemen reservation should produce relevant Discharge Certificate
|sl. no||Community||Age Limit relaxation|
|1.||ST (Scheduled Tribes) & SC (Scheduled Caste)||5 years|
|2.||OBC (Other Backward Classes)||3 years|
|3.||PWD (Persons with Disability)||10 years|
|4.||Ex-servicemen (Defence Forces)||10 Years (plus 3 years if they have provided minimum service for 6 months at stretch|
- Educational Qualification: Educational qualification is another important criterion by Apprentices to be eligible for application form as well as examination. Candidates should be minimum 10th pass from a recognised university or board. The minimum passing marks in 50 percent. Candidates should also posses NTC (National Trade Certificate) issued by National Council in notified trade for Vocational Counselling/Training.
Steps for applying:
Application process will be held in online form only. Before filling up the application for Apprentice training posts with Central Railways, candidates are required to check eligibility criteria properly. The next step is keeping the right documents for successful online application. These include:
- Scanned passport-size photograph (colour)
- Scanned signature (of the candidate)
- Valid e-mail ID
- Mode of payment (Credit Card, Net Banking, Debit Card)
- The first step is visiting the official website rrccr.com.
- Candidates will find a flash link for online application. Once clicking the link, candidates will be redirected to the application form page
- It is extremely important to write the exact name, date and other information as given in the matriculation certification and other relevant certificates.
- Candidates will have to select one cluster among the given choices for training. In that cluster, candidate can select units as per preference.
- After submitting all information carefully, next step is uploading the scanned photograph and signature correctly
- Next step is making payment via selected payment gateway. After successful payment, candidates will receive e-receipt. Candidates are required to print and retain the e-receipt for future use.
- Candidates from ST/SD/PWD categories and women candidates are not required to pay any fees.
- Candidates are required to have printouts of online application and extra copies of their photograph. If eligible, they will be asked for DVP (document verification process) and they are required to keep their print out with them.
- Application date: 01/11/2016
- Last date for submitting application: 30/11/2016
- Official Website: rrccr.com
- Apply mode- Online
Download Recruitment Official Notification