Here, you can check latest SBI exam pattern 2018. The notification for SBI PO exam 2018 is yet to publish. You can check complete procedure of application and other details here.
The SBI PO exam holds an eminent importance foe the candidates who are looking forward to build a career in the banking sector. Here we are giving the complete latest up to date SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018. Here you can find the complete exam pattern like exam duration, exam structure, subjects, negative marketing of preliminary and main exam.
There are two levels of examination which a candidate has to clear, namely, preliminary examination and main examination.
1. Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 is the first obstacle for the candidates who wish to be a part of the SBI Group. This exam will be based on checking the basic concepts of the candidates and will have a duration of sixty-minute (60 minutes) examination. Within this period, a candidate is required to answer questions from English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. Maximum available marks is 100. To sum up, the exam pattern for Preliminary SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
2. Phase- II: Main Examination
The candidates who have successfully cleared the preliminary level will sit for the main examination which compromises of two sections. The first section is an objective type section where candidates would be required to choose the correct answer and the second section is a descriptive test where candidates are required to type the answers on the computer. The marks distribution for this exam is:
- Objective Test – 200 marks
- Descriptive Test- 50 marks
Objective Test – Candidates would be given (3 hours) to solve this section and they would be asked questions from the following sections:
(i) Objective Test -200 Marks – 3 hours
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude – 45 Questions – 60 Marks – 60 Minutes
- Data Analysis & Interpretation – 35 Questions – 60 Marks – 45 Minutes
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness – 40 Questions – 40 Marks – 35 Minutes
- English Language – 35 Questions – 40 Marks – 40 Minutes
(ii) Descriptive Test – 50 Marks – 30 Minutes – Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
Descriptive Test– As soon as the objective section is complete, candidates are required to appear for the the descriptive test where they are required to type the answer on the computer itself. The exam consists of 50 marks and candidates are given 30 minutes to solve the same. This test includes questions from English Language where the candidates are either asked to write a letter/ essay.
Negative Marking/Penalty for Wrong Answers in Preliminary & Main Examination – Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidates, one -fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. There is no penalty for blank answer.
3. Phase-III: Group Discussion (20 Marks) & Interview (30 Marks)
The aggregate marks of the candidates will be arranged in descending order in each category. The bank will qualify marks decide later in Group Discussion & Interview.
4. Final Selection
The candidates note here that only marks obtained in phase II i.e. objective test and practice test will be considered to prepare final merit list.
Phase II and Phase III qualifying marks are mandatory separately. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of written test and group discussion and interview.
You can check SBI result here as declared by bank.
SBI PO Exam 2018 Preparation Tips
- 10 Tips to Prepare General Awareness Paper in SBI PO Exam 2018
- 10 Preparation Tips for Computer Paper in SBI PO Exam 2018
- 10 Tips for Group Discussion in SBI PO Exam 2018
- 10 Tips to Solve Reasoning Ability Paper for SBI PO Exam 2018
- 10 Preparation Tips for SBI PO Exam 2018
- 10 Things You Must Consider for Preparing SBI PO Exam
- 31 Days Study Plan for SBI PO Exam 2018 (Advance Preparation)
SBI PO 2018 Important Pages
|SBI PO Results||Check Here|
|SBI PO (Main Page)||Check Here|
|Admit Card||Download Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Check Here|
|Cut Off||Check Here|
|Application Form||Check Here|