SSC CHSL 2017: SSC will publish notification on 5 August 2017 for SSC CHSL exam 2017. The SSC CHSL 2017 tier I exam will be held from 17 to 30 Nov 2017.
SSC CHSL 2016: 1SSC had already published notification for SSC CHSL 2016 exam on 8 October 2016. The tier-I exam was already successfully conducted from 7 Jan 2017 to 5 Feb 2017.
The result of Tier-1 (2016) is yet to announced. We will update you here all upcoming events of SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Exam 2017 Summary
|Test Mode||Computer Mode|
|Registration Starts from||5th August 2017|
|Last Date||4th September 2017|
|Exam Dates – Tier I||17 to 20 Nov 2017|
|Exam Dates – Tier II||15 April 2018|
|Admit Card||2 or 3 weeks before exam|
|Result Date||May 2018|
|Selection Procedure: (Tier- I) then (Tier-II) and Tier-III (Typing/Skill Test)|
SSC CHSL Exam Important Dates
For the year 2017
|Advertisement Date||5 Aug 2017|
|Registration Starts||5 Aug 2017|
|Registration Close||4 Sept 2017|
|Exam Date – Tier -I||17 to 30 Nov 2017|
|Exam Date – Tier – II||15 April 2018|
|Result, Admit Card||Notify soon…|
For the year 2016
|Registration Starts||8 Oct 2016|
|Last Date to Apply||25 Nov 2016|
|Admit Card Released Date||December 2016|
|Computer Based Test (Tier – I)||7 Jan to 5 Feb 2017|
|Result of Tier-I exam||March 2017|
|Descriptive Test||9 April 2017|
|Result of Tier-II exam||May 2017|
|Typing/Skill Test||June 2017|
|Final Test||August 2017|
Number of Vacancies
The official notification for the year 2017 is not published yet. So the number of vacancies for the year 2017 is yet to announced.
The total open vacancies as per the official notification 2016 published on 08-10-2016 are 5134 as follow:
- 506 vacancies of Data Entry Operators
- 1321 vacancies of Lower Division Clerk
- 3281 vacancies of Postal/Sorting Assistants
- 26 vacancies of Court clerks
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
In order to get selected, firstly the candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Age Limit: As per the norms prescribed by SSC related to age are as follows
- The age should be between 18 to 27 Years (As specified in particular SSC 10+2 Level LDC/DEO notification) as on 1st Jan, 2017 (Born between 2-1-1990 to 1-1-1999)
- Relaxation of Upper age limit under para 4 (A) will be available for the candidates who belongs to reserved category.
- The candidates have to be at least of the age of 18 years, however age relaxation can be provided as per the Government regulations. Relaxation in age is provided to the reserved like SC / ST / OBC category and it will be applicable as per the rule. The candidates should be at least qualified 12th standard students from any examining body constituted by law or any other examination acknowledged by the Central Government.
Qualification as on 1-1-2017: The candidates should have 12th passed certificate. Candidates who have not qualified as on the date as specified in the notification will not be eligible
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Computer Based Examination (Objective Type) – Total 75 Minutes
Timing for 2 Batches/day –
- 1st batch: 10 AM-11:15 AM
- 2nd batch: 4:15 PM – 5:30 PM
Timing for 3 batches/day
- 1st batch: 10 AM – 11:15 AM
- 2nd batch: 1:15 PM – 2:30 PM
- 3rd batch: 4:15 PM – 5:30 PM
- General Intelligence – 25 questions – 50 Marks
- English Language – 25 questions – 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 25 questions – 50 marks
- General Awareness – 25 questions – 50 marks
- The questions will in English & Hindi Language.
- This is computer based exam and consists only multiple choice questions.
SSC CHSL Application Form 2017
The application form for SSC CHSL exam 2017 is yet to publish. The application form will available from 5th August 2017. We will update you here when SSC announce CHSL application form.
Application Fees: The fee can be deposited only by online through SBI Challan/Net Banking and any credit and debit cards. The candidates belongs to SC/ST/ex-serviceman/women candidates/disability are exempted from paying any fee.
Download Complete Official Notification 2017 (Link will activate soon)
SSC CHSL Exam Important Pages
|Eligibility Criteria||Check Detail|
|Exam Pattern||Check Detail|
|Application Form||Check Detail|
|Admit Card||Check Detail|
|Cut Off||Check Detail|
|Preparation Tips||Check Detail|
|SSC CHSL Main Page||Check Detail|