SSC will held “SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam” from 5th August 2017 to 24th August 2017. But on the dates of 7th, 13th, 14th, & 15th August 2017, there will be no exam. The computer based test will be held in multiple shifts. The admit card will be issued from 27th July 2017. SSC will publish answer key for CGL Tier – I exam in the month of September 2017. SSC will declare result of Tier 1 exam in the month of October 2017.
Update (25-06-2018) – SSC CGL Exam 2017 (Tier II) Final Answer Key alongwith question papers
Update (12-06-2018): SSC CGL Tier II Marks
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The candidates who are waiting for SSC CGL 2017 exam should note the following dates.
|Advertisement Date||16 May 2017|
|Starting Date for Online Registration||16 May 2017|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC CGL Exam||16 June 2017 Extended up to 19-06-2017 up to 5:00 PM|
|Admit Card Release Date (Tier I) (CBE)||July 2017|
|Tier-I SSC CGL 2017 Exam||5 Aug 2017 to 24 Aug 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date (Tier-I)||Sept 2017|
|Tier -II SSC CGL 2017 Exam Date||17 to 22 February 2018 (Changed)|
|Admit Card Release Date (Tier-III)||Dec 2017|
|Tier-III Exam (Descriptive Test)||21 January 2018|
|Tier IV (Skill Test)||February 2018|
|Tier I Result||October 2017|
|Tier II Result||January 2018|
|Final Result||April 2018|
Check Also: SSC Exams Calendar 2016 | 2017 | 2018
SSC CGL Exam 2017 Important Pages
Revised Scheme of SSC CGL 2017 Exam
- Tier-I and Tier-II changed from OMR to computer based test
- Reduced the number of questions from 200 to 100 in Tier-I .
- Introduced Tier III for Descriptive Paper of English & Hindi.
- Tier-I will conduct from 19 June 2017 to 2 July 2017
- Final merit list will whole depend on the performance of Tier-I, II and II exam.
- But the candidates to qualify tier-I,II & III separately.
- No interview will be held from this year.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
Tier I – Total 200 marks – Time 60 Minutes
- General Intelligence – 50 marks – 25 questions
- General Awareness – 50 marks – 25 questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks – 25 questions
- English Comprehension – 50 marks – 25 questions
- Download official notice for revised examination scheme
- Download further evaluation of Revised Examination Scheme
SSC CGL 2017 Number of Vacancies
The number of vacancies for SSC CGL Exam 2017 has not yet been declared by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). But you can expect over 30000 vacancies if we compare 2015 & 2016 notification. However they have decided to declare the number of vacancies for each post before one month of the result declaration. It has been notified that as per the government guidelines there will be reserved vacancies for the ex- servicemen, the scheduled tribes, the scheduled castes, other backward classes and physically handicapped candidates. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately as per the merit list of the reserved category candidates. The allotment of all the seats are as per the preferences given by the candidates and number of vacancies that will be left in each category.
Pay Band & Grade Pay for the posts which interview is prescribed:
Pay Band & Grade Pay for the posts which interview is not prescribed:
The following eligibility criteria will be cleared by the candidates to apply for SSC CGL 2017 Exam. The age will be calculated as on 1st August 2017.
- Age Limit: The age limit as prescribed in the notification by SSC CGL 2017 is not exceeding 26 years for Statistical Investigators, 20 to 27 years for Assistants/Sub Inspectors in SBI and 18 to 27 years for other all posts.
- Qualification: The graduation degree is required to apply exam. For complete detail about the qualification refer official notification. The official notification links are given below under the heading of references.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Structure/Scheme
There are total 4 tiers in SSC CGL Exam 2017. Tier I and Tier II level examinations are written exams. The tier II level test is objective type having multiple choice patterns. Although the tier I exam test the candidates in four sections – quantitative aptitude, general intelligence and reasoning, English comprehension and general awareness, the tier II examination is mainly based on the quantitative aptitude general English and statistics or economics or mathematics or commerce. A candidate is allowed to appear for the tier II examination only if he or she secures the required cut off marks in the tier I exam. The required cut off marks will be declared by the SSC during the result declaration of tier I examination.
|Tier – I||Written Examination – Objective Type Questions|
|Tier – II||Written Examination – Objective Type Questions|
|Tier – III||Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test/ Document Verfication|
Interview component has been dispensed with. So there is no interview.
Complete Detail About Tier-I Written Exam Scheme:
Note: The statistics paper is compulsory only for the candidates who are going to apply for the posts of Statistical Investigators posts. So, Quantitative Aptitude and English papers are mandatory for all rest of the posts.
Tier – III – Computer Proficiency/Skill Test/Document Verfication: SSC will select some skill test like typing test, CPT physical tests according to the job profile.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the tier II examination is almost the same as that of the tier I exam for the quantitative part and the English section. The syllabus for
- Quantitative aptitude – Work, time and distance Basic algebra, the graphs of Linear Equations, Triangles (which includes Congruence and similarity of triangles) Circles, Heights and Distances, percentages, ratios, profit and loss, averages, simple and compound interests, etc.
- English – voices (active and passive voice), the synonyms and antonyms, Rapid Fillers, sentence corrections, passage based questions etc.
For the statistics or economics or mathematics or commerce section the candidates have to take special preparation as per their academic syllabus of the particular subject.
The candidates have to wait for SSC CGL 2017 exam notification up to 11 march 2017. But to check other information you can download the official notification for the year 2016 from the link given below.