Staff Selection Commission will conduct MTS examination in two phases i.e. Paper-I (Computer Based Examination) and Paper II (Descriptive Paper).
Table of contents
Download SSC MTS Exam Patter & Syllabus 2020 in PDF Format – Click Here
SSC MTS Examination Pattern 2020
SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper-I (Computer Based Examination)
|Part||Subjects||Number of Questions/Max Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General English||25/25||90 Minutes (120 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes as per para 8.1. and 8.2 of official notification)|
|II||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25/25|
- Paper-I will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Answer Keys, in due course after the Computer Based Examination, will be placed on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in). Any representation regarding answer keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the answer keys, will be scrutinized and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer keys shall be entertained, afterwards.
- Marks scored by candidates in Paper-I will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No: 1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019 and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper -II (Descriptive)
|Subject||Max Marks||Time Duration|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution||50||30 minutes (40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribes a per para 8.1. and 8.2)|
- Paper-II will be of descriptive type in which the candidate will be required to write a short essay or letter in English or any language included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution.
- Paper-II will only be of qualifying nature and is intended to test elementary language skills in view of categorization of the post as Group-C and in view of job requirements. However, marks scored by the candidates in Paper-II will be used to decide merit in case more than one candidate score equal normalized marks in Paper-I.
- Paper-II will be held only for those candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020
SSC MTS Syllabus Paper-I (Computer Based Examination)
Questions on „General Intelligence and Reasoning will be non-verbal considering the functions attached to the post. Questions on Numerical Aptitude and General English will be simple, of a level that an average matriculate will be in a position to answer comfortably. Questions on General Awareness will be also of similar standard.
English Language: Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc.and writing ability would be tested.
General Intelligence and Reasoning:It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Numerical Aptitude: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tablesand Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC MTS Syllabus Paper-II
The Paper will be set in Hindi, English and in other languages mentioned in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution as given in Annexure-XIV, to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post. Candidates will be required to write one short essay/ letter.