The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India publish official notification every year for the posts of sub inspector (SI), Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) in Central Industry Security force (CISF) & in Delhi Police. The candidates who are interested to do Job as a SI or ASI should apply for SSC SI & ASI Exam 2016 as per the rules given in the official notification. The official notification for the exam conduct in the years 2016 is awaiting. In the meantime, you can get the complete information about exam like eligibility, selection procedure, application procedure, dates, age, qualification, syllabus, exam patter and more.
SSC SI & ASI Exam 2016 Recent Update
|Update on – 30-12-2016: SSC SI Answer Key 2016||Check here
|Update on – 03-11-2016: Corrigendum of recruitment under CISF Exam 2016||Check here
|Update on – 03-05-2016: Re-examination of paper I under CISF Exam 2016||Check here
|Update on – 01-02-2016: Corigendum for Delhi Police, CAPFs and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF Examination 2016||Check here|
|Update on – 08-01-2016: CAPFs and CISF Exam 2016 Notification||Check here Apply Online
Download Answer Key
SSC SI & ASI Exam 2016 Important Dates
|20th March, 2016||Examination Date (Paper I)|
|5th June, 2016||Examination Date (Paper II)|
|9th January 2016||Notification Date|
|1st January 2016||Qualification Considerable Date|
|2nd February 2016||Part-I Registration|
|5th February 2016||Part-II Registration|
SSC SI Exam Eligibility Criteria 2016
- Qualification: The eligibility criteria for appearing in SSC SI & ASI exam for the year of 2016 is that the prospective candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Age Limit: The age limit for the candidates must be within 20 to 25 years of age. However for the candidates who belong to the reserved category, the age limit has been relaxed up to 27 years as per the rules of Government of India.
- Physical Standards: There is an eligibility criterion in the physical standard also. For male candidates the chest should be 80cms (85 with expansion), height must be 170cms, must be able to complete 100 meters race in 16 seconds and 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes. The long jump of 3.65m should be completed in 3 chances; the high jump of 1.2metre must be completed in 3 chances and also must be successful in shot put of 4.5metres within 3 chances. In case of female candidates the height must be 100cms. The candidate must be able to complete 100 meter race within 18 seconds, 800 meter race within 4 minutes, long jump of 2.7 meter within 3 chances and high jump of 0.9 meters within 3 chances.
Number of Vacancies
For the post of sub inspector (SI), the vacancy for CRPF is, ITBP is, CISF is and SSB is. for Assistant Sub Inspector. There are reserved vacancies for the candidates, who belong to the scheduled tribes, scheduled caste and other backward classes. There are also special provisions for the ex service men candidates. The allotment of the posts will be solely based on the merit, the preferences that are provided by the candidates and the vacancies in different posts. No other means of allocation of the posts will be entertained by the Staff Selection Committee (SSC).
The selection procedure for this examination starts with a written test. There are basically two written examination paper. Paper I is basically consists of four sections, each containing 50 questions of 50 marks. The four sections comprises of reasoning and general intelligence, general knowledge and general awareness, quantitative aptitude and the English comprehension section. The total time duration for paper I is two hours. Paper II consists of mainly English comprehension. This section contains 200 questions of 200 marks which are to be completed within 2 hours. After the written tests the successful candidates who have passed paper II will have to appear in an interview and thereafter medical examination.
Syllabus for SSC SI & ASI Exam 2016
The syllabus for paper I is as follows—
- General intelligence and reasoning – this section will include various verbal and non verbal questions. It will mainly cover the analogies, the synonyms and antonyms, coding, decoding, visual memory, decision making etc.
- General awareness – the questions in this section will be mainly focused on the current affairs and also to the history, economy and culture of the India.
- Quantitative aptitude – it includes geometry, arithmetic, algebra, ratio and proportion, percentages, profit and loss etc.
- English comprehension – the candidates will be tested on their Basic English knowledge.
For paper II the syllabus includes fill in with correct verbs or articles or preposition, vocabulary, phrases etc.