As you all know the Staff Selection Commission has published official notification for the year 2017 on 17th June 2017. The eligible candidates can apply before the last i.e. 17th July 2017.
You can check eligibility criteria as per this year notification for the year 2017. We are giving here complete eligibility criteria for SSC Stenographer exam 2017. If you have any doubt regarding eligibility criteria ask via comment from. The followings are the recent updates of SSC Stenographer exam.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2017
Here you will check the eligibility criteria detail about nationality, age limit and qualification based on SSC Stenographer notification 2017.
1. Nationality of the Candidate
A candidate shall be honoured with the opportunity to apply for the Stenographer post only if he satisfies one of the following conditions:
- The candidate is a citizen of India,
- The candidate is a subject of Bhutan,
- The candidate is a subject of Nepal,
- The candidate is of Indian origin and has migrated from Sri Lanka, East African countries, Burma or Pakistan with a view to reside permanently in India,
- The candidate is a Tibetan refugee, whose ancestor had settled in India before 1.1.1962
Any one of the above conditions is enough for a candidate to clear the Nationality criteria.
2. Age Limit
The required age of the candidate should be in between 18 years to 27 years as on 1st Aug, 2017. The following relaxation would be offered to candidates belonging to various groups.
|Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe||5 years|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||10 years (max. 56 years)|
|PwD + OBC||13 years (max. 56 years)|
|Pwd + ST / SC||15 years (max. 56 years)|
|Ex-Serviceman + OBC||6 years|
|Ex-Serviceman + ST / SC||8 years|
|Employee of Central Government Civilian(for Grade C)||5 years|
|Employee of Central Government Civilian + OBC (for Grade C)||8 years|
|Employee of Central Government Civilian + ST / SC (for Grade C)||10 years|
|Employee of Central Government Civilian(for Grade D)||Till 40 years|
|Employee of Central Government Civilian + OBC (for Grade D)||Till 43 years|
|Employee of Central Government Civilian + ST / SC (for Grade D)||Till 45 years|
|Widows, Divorced women or women who were judicially separated||Till 35 years|
|Widows, Divorced women or women who were judicially separated + OBC||Till 38 years|
|Widows, Divorced women or women who were judicially separated + SC / ST||Till 40 years|
|Defence Personnel with disability||5 years|
3. Educational Qualification
This is the most important criteria for application. According to the notification issued by the department, a candidate must have passed Higher Secondary/12th Passed from a recognized board or University as on 1st Aug, 2017.
Recognition in the present condition refers to the Government acknowledgement. Only those certificates would be considered valid which come from Institutes registered with the Government. Any tampered or false document can result into lifelong termination from participating in any Government job opportunity. Candidates who have found themselves eligible for the post can proceed with the online application process.
SSC Stenographer Exam Important Pages
- 7 Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer Exam 2017
- SSC Stenographer Exam Cut Off 2017 – Previous & Expected
- SSC Stenographer Exam Answer Key 2017 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2017 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Application Form 2017 – Apply Online or Offline
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017 – Latest UpToDate
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Check Complete Detail
- SSC Stenographer Exam Result 2017 – Check Result Online
- SSC Stenographer Exam 2017: A Complete Detail
- SCC Stenographer Syllabus 2017 – Latest UptoDate