After giving the exam for Steno 2016, candidates usually check the official website for knowing the cut off. The cut off is the most important factor for students as it decides whether a student has moved on to the next level or not. The cut off for Stenographer 2016 exam is expected to the following:
SSC Stenographer Exam Cut off for Grade C Posts (Expected)
SSC Stenographer Exam Cut off for Grade D Posts (Expected)
It should be noted that the cut offs mentioned above are simply based on expectancy. It is not a guarantee that these cut offs will be applicable. The analysis of the cut offs have been made with the help of previous years cut offs and the considering the prevailing factors in the exam such as total number of vacancies, expected number of candidates in the exam, etc.
Going by the previous year trends, let’s take up the cut off which was kept in 2014-
Cut off for Grade C SSC Stenographer Exam 2014
Cut off for Grade D SSC Stenographer Exam 2014
Looking at the previous year’s cut offs, it is evident that candidates who belong to reservation quota have met the benefits and are always on the favourable side. Still, candidates who were general background got an opportunity to move on to the next level by a score of 130.75 and 102 for Grade C and D, respectively.
How is a cut off determined?
The cut off is determined by taking into account various factors. Here are some of the factors which is commonly known:
- No of vacancy– The primary factor for cut off is the number of vacancies. If there is a large vacancy, then the cut off will always be on the lower side. Take a look at the cut offs for Grade D in 2014. OBCs were required to score only 85.75 in order to proceed to the next level.
- Exam paper toughness– Another factor which determines the cut off score is the exam paper. If the exam paper was set with tough questions, then the cut off would be on the lower side.
- No. of Candidates appearing for Steno exam 2016– The most prominent factor of a cut off is the number of candidates who have appeared for the exam. If the difference between vacancy and candidates are huge, then the cut offs would be high.
Cut offs once declared by the authority cannot be changed or challenged under any circumstances.
SSC Stenographer Exam Recent Updates
|Update on 25-11-2016: Notice - Result of the Stenographers Grade 'C' & 'D' Examination-2015, Result of the written examination of Stenographers Grade 'C' & 'D' Examination-2016||Check Here|
|Update on 06-05-2016: Notice Stenographers (Grade 'C' & 'D') Examination, 2016||Check here Apply Online|
SSC Stenographer Exam Important Pages
- 7 Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer Exam 2017
- SSC Stenographer Exam Cut Off 2016 – Previous & Expected
- SSC Stenographer Exam Answer Key 2016 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2017 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Application Form 2017 – Apply Online or Offline
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017 – Latest UpToDate
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Check Complete Detail
- SSC Stenographer Exam Result 2017 – Check Result Online
- SSC Stenographer Exam 2017: A Complete Detail
- SCC Stenographer Syllabus 2017 – Latest UptoDate