Staff selection commission (SSC) conducts “SSC Stenographer Exam” every year for the recruitment of Stenographer under Grade C & Grade D. Interested and eligible candidates have to follow the pre requisite format in order to get selected for the post.
Latest Update (16-04-2019) – SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C & ‘D’ Exam 2017 Selected Candidates – Important Information
Latest Update (15-04-2019) – SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2017 – Candidate Nomination List
Latest Update (13-04-2019) – SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2017 – New Exam Date Notice
Latest Update (29-03-2019) – SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2017 – Final Result Declared
Latest Update (29-03-2019) – SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2017 – Final Vacancy Positions
Latest Update (10-12-2018) – SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2017 – Declaration of Additional Result of Skill Test
Latest Update (29-11-2018) – SSC Stenographer DV Exam Notice – Click Here
Latest Update (28-11-2018) – Skill Test Result (Exam held on 27-11-2017)
Latest Update (28-11-2018) – Skill Test (on 27-11-2017)
Latest Update (19-11-2018)
The expected date for SSC Stenographer exam registration begin from 17th June 2017 to 15th July, 2017. The date of computer based examination starts from 4th September 2017 to 7th September 2017.
Latest: Answer Key of SSC Stenographer (Grade C & D) Exam 2017 Paper-I Along with Question Paper – Download Here
So be ready for stenographer exam and subscribe our page for instant updates on SSC Stenographer exam.
The notification has released by Staff Selection Commission for Stenographers (Grade C & D) Examination 2017. We will update you here all updates and notification announced by SSC.
These positions of Stenographer Grade C and Stenographers Grade D will be placed in Ministries/Departments of Central Government and State/UT subordinate offices.
You can check here important information related to SSC Stenographers Exam 2017 like eligibility criteria, dates, online application form, selection procedure, application procedure, notifications, references and more.
- Latest – Download Result of Stenographers (Grade C & D ) Exam 2017 for Computer Based Test – Download Result File Here
- Latest Updated on 23-11-2017: Stenographer (Grade C & D) Exam 2016 – Mistakes in Percentage of the Candidates qualified or not qualified – Download Here
SSC Steno Exam 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be cleared by the candidates as prescribed by SSC.
- Age Limit (As on 1st Aug, 2017): The candidates have to be between the ages of 18 to 27 years, however age relaxation can be allowed as per the Govt. Instructions. Relaxation in age is provided to the reserved category and it will be applicable as per the rule i.e. 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for the OBC Category and 10 years for PH OBC applicants and a maximum of 15 years for PH SC / ST applicants.
- Qualification (As on 1st Aug, 2017) : Moreover the contender should be 12th standard pass or hold a degree from any open university or from Distance Education Mode and the same needs to be recognized by the Distance Education Council like IGNOU.
SSC Stenographer Exam 2017 Vacancies
- Stenographer Grade C in SSC are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government which are mostly located in Delhi.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ are grouped into two parts, which are as follows:
- Group X is for the Ministries/Departments of Central Government which will be located mostly in Delhi.
- Group Y will be for Offices/Departments of the Central Government including Attached or Subordinate Offices located in the States and Union Territories of the country.
SSC Stenographer Exam Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for the post is done on the basis of skill test and written examination of the candidates.
Written Examination: In order to clear the written exam the candidates have to go through the following papers.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning -50 Questions – 50 Marks
- English language – 50 Questions – 50 Marks
- Comprehension and General Awareness – 100 Questions – 100 Marks
This exam will be taking place for a duration of 2 hours for the General candidates, starting from 10:00 AM till 12:00 pm and for visually handicapped candidates the time will be extended by 40 minutes i.e., 2 hr and 40 minutes, starting from 10:00 AM till 12:40 pm.
The timing of exam may be changed from 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM as per the decision taken by SSC.
Application Form & Application Fees
The candidates must submit their application form online from.
The application will be entertained with the payment of Rs 100. The applicant should pay the same only through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps ( CRFS ) or they can pay the fees either by SBI Challan or SBI Net Banking. The SC/ST Category and the women candidates will be exempted from paying the same fee.
SSC Stenographer Exam Important Dates
|17th June 2017||Notification Released Date|
|17th June 2017||Online Registration Starts|
|15th July 2017 (upto 5:00 PM)||Last Date to Apply for SSC Stenographer Vacancies|
|15th July 2017 (upto 5:00 PM)||Offline Challan Generation End Date|
|18th July 2017 (upto 5:00 PM)||Payement Through SBI Challan|
|September 2017||Starting Date to Download Admit Card|
|4th Sept to 7th Sept 2017||Computer Based Test|
|November 2017||Result of SSC Computer Based Test|
|Skill Test||20-08-2018 to 19-09-2018|
|28-12-2018||Final Result Declared|
|28-11-2018||Skill Test Result Declared|
|23-03-2019 & 24-03-2019||Document Verification|
|June 2019||New Exam Date|
Here is the official notification for SSC Stenographer, Grade C & Grade D Exam 2017. So please subscribe your email ID for instant alert. The candidates can ask any queries related to SSC Stenographer Exam 2017 via comment form given below.
SSC Stenographer Exam Important Pages
- 7 Preparation Tips for SSC Stenographer Exam 2017
- SSC Stenographer Exam Cut Off 2017 – Previous & Expected
- SSC Stenographer Exam Answer Key 2017 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2017 – Download Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Application Form 2017 – Apply Online or Offline
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017 – Latest UpToDate
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Check Complete Detail
- SSC Stenographer Exam Result 2017 – Check Result Online
- SSC Stenographer Exam 2017: A Complete Detail
- SCC Stenographer Syllabus 2017 – Latest UptoDate