Exam Name: UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam
Full Exam Name: Union Public Service Commission (Central Armed Police Forces) (Assistant Commandants) Examination
Post Information: UPSC CAPF AC Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2020
CAPF (AC) Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern is divided into 3 categories, namely- Paper I, Paper II and Physical standard test. The whole structure of the exam has been framed with a view to get candidates who are not only sharp with mental abilities, but are also energetic and powerful.
The first paper will test the candidates with respect to their general knowledge and intelligence. The exam will consist of objective-type questions and a total of 250 marks will be on offer. The duration of the exam is 120 minutes/ 2 hours.
The second paper will test the candidate in terms of his/ her fluency in English Language. Areas such as precise, comprehension and communication skills are the core areas of this paper. A total of 200 marks is on offer in this paper and the duration of this exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
Physical Standard test
Candidates who have qualified the written examination phase will be called for physical test. During this test, a candidate is required to appear for 100 meters race, 800 meters race, long jump and Shot put. Candidates who have qualified in each of the test will move ahead in the selection procedure.
To sum up, the exam pattern of CAPF (AC) looks like this-
|Exam Type||Total marks||Duration|
|Paper I- General Ability & Intelligence||250||2 hours|
|Paper II- General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||200||3 hours|
|100 Meters race||16 secs||18 secs|
|800 Meters race||3 mins 45 secs||4 mins 45 secs|
|Long Jump||3.5 meters (out of 3 chances)||3 meters (out of 3 chances)|
|Shot Put||4.5 meters||–|
What is next?
Candidates would be selected on the basis of their performance in the Written Exam. The shortlisted candidates would then appear for the physical test. Candidates who will pass the physical test, will move ahead to the interview rounds.
Things to remember:
- Women who are pregnant cannot apply for this post. Even if they have passed the written examination, they will be disqualified in the physical test, without being given an opportunity to perform.
- Fitness of the candidates is mandatory. Ailments such as regular cough and cold is allowed, but the case should not relate to any permanent disorder.
- All the information mentioned in the online application form should be true. The department will not tolerate any difference in the furnished information and actual documents.
The UPSC Department is very strict when it comes to complying with the guidelines. Hence, all candidates must abide by the same.
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for CAPF Exam precise and to the point. It only tests the candidates in terms of their general knowledge and their ability to solve problems with the aid of intelligence. Additionally, there are also some challenges which in respect of understanding and communicating in English.
The complete syllabus for Written Exam is given below:
Paper I will include the purview of General Ability and Intelligence. This paper is an objective-type paper which will consist of 250 marks with 125 questions and will have a duration of 2 hours. Questions are generally asked from sections such as:
|Logical Reasoning||Numerical Ability||Date Interpretation||General Awareness|
|Information Technology||Indian Economy||History of India||Indian sub-continent|
|Freedom Movement||Globalization||Environmental Science||Arts & Literature|
Paper II will include two sections, Part A and Part B. The total marks would be 200 and the duration of the exam is 3 hours. The syllabus for Part A is-
|Essay Writing||Letter Writing||Economics||Analytical Ability|
|Security & human rights|
This section offers 80 marks to the candidates.
Syllabus for Part B is-
|Comprehension||Fill in the blanks||Sentence completion||Grammar usage|
This section offers 120 marks to the candidates.
The cumulative score obtained by a candidate in both papers is considered by the department. A candidate has to perform in both the exams and ensure that the cut off is cleared on both occasions.
Preparation Tips for CAPF (CA) Exam 2020
The syllabus is vast, but has to be completed. This is where the need for preparation tips arises. With the aid of some good preparation tips, a candidate can easily clear the written examination.
- Exam duration is the key. Try and solve all easy questions first, then move on to the hard ones. In this way, you will score more and save time for tough problems.
- Preparing everything in detail is not necessary. The exam is mainly of objective-type, hence, the questions will have options. Do not go for the complete solution, if you find a figure which is close to the answer, then select the same. However, make sure that your approach and process are correct.
- Don’t panic! There may be a phase you wouldn’t be able to solve a question from a set of 5. In that case, keep skipping them until you find an easy one. When you get your targeted questions, solve them quickly and move ahead with confidence.