The CMS (Combined Medical Services) Exam 2016 will be hosted in March 2016 and it is high time for the candidates start enrolling themselves for the exam. However, one priority in such respect is to check the eligibility criteria of the candidate. Without fulfilling the eligibility criteria, a candidate cannot be considered for selection by the authority. So, here are list of UPSC CMS Exam Eligibility Criteria which every candidate should consider before enrolling themselves.
Eligibility Criteria for CMS Exam 2016
Nationality of a Candidate
The primary eligibility criteria require a candidate to be one of the following:
- A subject of Nepal
- A citizen of India
- A Tibetan Refugee, who took shelter in India earlier than 1st January, 1962 and has settled down in India since then.
- A subject of Bhutan
- A person who is of Indian origin who earlier belonged to Eastern Africa or Indian sub-continent and now has settled permanently reside in India.
Age of the Candidate
The second criteria puts forward the age limit for the candidates. A candidate should not be more than 32 years as on January 1, 2016. However, there are certain relaxations which are applicable for candidates belonging to various reservation quotas.
|Other Backward Castes (OBC)||3 years|
|Defence Service Personnel disabled during operations||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen with an experience of 5 years or more||5 years|
|Schedule Caste/ Tribe||5 years|
|Orthopaedically handicapped doctors||10 years|
For the purpose of computing the age of the candidate, only the date of birth mentioned on the result/ mark sheet of the university/ Institution will considered as original.
Education of the candidate
Since the exam is for the recruitment of the doctors, every candidate is required to possess a MBBS degree. Candidate who have cleared the written exam and practical exam can also apply, provided they have their mark sheet of the final exam with them. It should be noted that the candidates should possess the degree from a recognized University or Institute.
Things to remember for UPSC CMS Exam Eligibility Criteria
- There will be no prior checking of the documents. Candidates who have applied without satisfying the eligibility criteria can appear for the exam, but will be eliminated at the final selection process.
- While mentioning the age, make sure that it matches with the one present in the report card. In case of any deviation, the age mentioned on the report card will be considered to be true.
- Candidates who are eligible look forward to make an early application. The process of application has become online and no other means to apply exists. UPSC has specifically mentioned about the same in all its notifications.
- Candidates would be first required to clear a computer based examination of 500 marks and then the selected candidates would move on to the Personal Interview round.
With consideration to the above mentioned points, it can be regarded that apart from knowledge, candidates are also required to maintain proper discipline while applying for a job under Defence.