Here, you can find UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 eligibility criteria latest up to date. You can check here eligibility for nationality, age limit & qualification.
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2018
The eligibility criteria have been divided into three broad sections, namely- Nationality Criteria, Age Criteria and Educational Qualification criteria. An exhaustive discussion on them follows below:
1) Nationality Criteria
This criteria takes into account the nationality of the applicant. Only those candidates are allowed who are of Indian origin. For a candidate to qualify under this criteria, one of the below should be satisfied:
- A person of Indian Origin, who was previously residing in Indian sub-continent or in East Africa and has now shifted to Indian and intends to stay here permanently;
- A descendant of a refugee from Tibet, who took shelter in India before 1. 1. 1962;
- A subject of Bhutan
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
If a candidate satisfies any of the given conditions, then he/ she has qualified the first criteria.
2) Age Criteria
Since the notification intends to recruit people for different posts, there will be different age limits.
- Age limit for Geologists & Geophysicist and Chemist – 21 years to 32 years
- Age limit for Junior Hydrogeologist – 21 years to 35 years
However, candidates belonging to certain categories would enjoy certain age relaxation. The following is an illustration of the same-
|Government Servant||7 years (upper limit)|
|Schedule Caste / Tribe||5 years|
|Disabled Defence Personnel||3 years|
3) Educational Qualification Criteria
The required qualification of the candidates would depend upon the posts for which they have applied. Here is an analysis of the same-
- a) Geologists Grade A – A candidate is required to possess a Master’s degree in Geological Science/ Mineral Exploration / Geology Exploration / Applied Geology / Geology / related degree from a recognized University or Institute.
- b) Geophysicists Grade A – A candidate needs to possess an M.Sc degree in Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geophysicist or a related degree from a recognized University or Institute.
- c) Chemists Grade A- A candidate should have an M.Sc degree in Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry
/ Applied Chemistry from a recognized University or Institute.
- d) Junior Hydrogeologist – A candidate needs to have a Master’s degree in Geology/ Marine geology/ Applied Geology recognized University or Institute.
If a candidate satisfies all of the above mentioned criteria, then he/ she is eligible to apply for the desired post. Another eligibility criteria which comes after the written examination phase is the test of fitness.
UPSC Geologist Exam Dates 2018
|UPSC Geologist Application Form 2018 Registration Starts||21-03-2018|
|Registration Close||16-04-2018 (18:00)|
|Application Fee (Online) Starts from||16-03-2018|
|Application Fee (Online) Ends on||21-04-2018|
|Application Fee (Offline) Starts from||16-03-2018|
|Application Fee (Offline) Ends on||20-04-2018|
|Admit card release date written exam||May 2018|
|Written exam date||26-06-2018, 29-06-2018|
UPSC Geologist (Notification Links & Apply Online Links)
The following official links are for 2017 exam. We will update you here when UPSC will announce 2018 Geologist exam dates.
|UPSC Geologist 2017 Exam||Visit Here|
|Recruitment Notification (English)||View Here|
|Recruitment Notification (Hindi)||View Here|
|Apply Online (Direct Link)||Apply Online|
UPSC Geologist 2017 Important Pages
|UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 Detail||Visit here|
|UPSC Geologist 2017 (Main Page)||Visit Here|
|Exam Pattern||Visit Here|
|Admit Card||Download Here|
|Application Form||Apply Online|