UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria 2018 Latest Up to Date. You can also download in PDF Format also.
The candidates who are going to apply for UPSC IAS 2018 exam must check their eligibility criteria. Here you can check your eligibility criteria for UPSC IAS Exam 2018. You can also download the eligibility criteria in PDF format also. As per official notification of UPSC IAS 2018 exam they have cleared in its first paragraph that “The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. The admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional. UPSC will verify of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for interview/personality test.
Download IAS Eligibility Criteria 2018 PDF Format – Download Here
The Eligibility criteria of UPSC IAS 2018 are divided into 4 different categories:
- Nationality of the Candidate
- Age of the Candidate
- Educational Qualification of the Candidate
- Number of Attempts
1. Nationality of the Candidate
As per the official notification of UPSC IAS 2018, a candidate should be at least one of the following:
- A citizen of India;
- A subject of Nepal;
- A subject of Bhutan;
- A person of Indian origin from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Zambia or any other East-African country / Indian sub-continent and intends to reside permanently in India;
2. Age Criteria
According to latest UPSC notification 2018, the date willl be considered as on 1st Aug, 2018. The minimum age limit to apply for UPSC IAS 2018 exam is 21 Years. Age is a crucial factor in this examination, but age can vary from person to person depending on their status. Here is the complete coverage along with relaxation offered to various candidates.
|General||Upto 32 years|
|OBC||Upto 35 years|
|ST/ SC||Upto 37 years|
|Physically Handicapped||Upto 42 years (GEN)
Upto 45 years (OBC)
Upto 47 years (ST/ SC)
3. Educational Qualification
As per the notification of UPSC IAS Department, every candidate who wishes to take part in the examination should have a degree from a recognized University. The definition of the ‘Recognized University’ should be in compliance with the official notification published by respective department. There is also a good news for candidates who are in the final year of the bachelor’s program. They too can make an application for this exam provided they are waiting for their results or are recently going to give their final year’s exam.
4. Number of Attempts
There is one unusual eligibility criteria attached to this exam and that is the restriction in the number of attempts. Here is the detailed version of the same:
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|Physically Handicapped||9 (GEN & OBC)
Unlimited (ST/ SC)
Points to Note:
- The UPSC IAS Exam is a three-tier exam where a candidate is required to clear 3 stages before he is selected for the job. The stage includes Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Personal Interview.
- The Preliminary Exam will be of 400 marks and will consist of 2 papers of 200 marks each.
- Candidates who have cleared the Preliminary Exam will be called for Main Examination which consists of 1750 marks and 9 papers.
- Successful candidates are then required to come for a personal interview which carries 275 marks.
The UPSC IAS Exam is one of the most popular Government Exams in India and has more than 40 million participating candidates. Each year thousands of candidates work hard to make their dream come true and be a part of the Government Machinery.
From our team, we wish you all the best for the UPSC IAS Exam 2018 and in case you need any assistance, feel free to ask us for the same.