UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam is one of the most famous exam in India. There are more than 3 lakh candidates each year who wish to reserve the post in Forest Service. Here you can check latest examination pattern as prescribed by UPSC for Indian Forest Service Examination 2017.
As you all know that the application form for registration has closed on 17th March 2017. The candidates who have applied should prepare for preliminary examination 2017. The preliminary exam will be held on 18th June 2017.
The examination pattern of UPSC IFS Exam 2017 is divided into two sections, namely-
- Civil Service Preliminary Examination (Civil Service Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of main examination)
- Indian Forest Service Main Examination and Interview (selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service)
UPSC IFS Preliminary Examination
This is the first stage of UPSC IFS Exam 2017, which all the candidates would be giving. The objective of this exam is to ‘hand-pick’ only those candidates who have the potential to meet the challenges of the post. The exam will consist of two papers, each consisting of 200 marks. The exam will be based on MCQ pattern where each question would be accompanied by 4 options. A candidate is required to choose the correct answer from the given option. The benefit of language would be given to all candidates as the paper will be set in Hindi as well in English.
The candidates should keep in mind that the selection for main examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total number of vacancies.
An important consideration in this exam is negative marking. For every wrong answer, a candidate will lose 1/3rd of a mark. Candidates who are visually handicapped will be allotted an extra time of 20 minutes in each paper.
Notes for Preliminary Examination
- No penalty if the question is left blank.
- Question will be treated as wrong answer if there is more than one answer.
- The candidates are allowed only six attempts at the examination. The candidates belongs to the category of SC/ST has unlimited attempts. On other hand, nine attempts are permissible to the candidates belongs to the Other Backward Classes.
UPSC IFS Exam Main Examination
The Main Examination of UPSC IFS consists of 6 papers. Among these 6 papers, two papers are compulsory and the remaining 3 papers are electives. A candidate can choose his combination of subjects for the remaining three papers. Mentioned below is the complete list-
- Paper I – General English – 300 Marks
- Paper II – General Knowledge – 300 Marks
- Paper III, IV, V, VI – Any two subjects to be selected from list given below – 200 marks each
Available Options for Paper III, Paper IV, Paper V and Paper VI
After a candidate has successfully passed the main examination, he would be called for an interview session which will also consist of a personality test. A candidate should be able to convince a board of unbiased officers regarding his potential to handle the job. This includes talking about recent events, events across the world and handling the tricky questions that would be coming from the other side of the table. This round will be of 300 marks.
It should be noted that a candidate is marked out of 1700. The main examination marks and the interview marks are merged together and then an evaluation of candidate’s performance is made. The marks which were obtained in the preliminary exam are ignored. Therefore, a candidate needs to assure that his performance is constantly at its best.
Wishing you luck and a prosperous future.
- The duration of each paper will be three hours.
- All questions paper for the examination will be of conventional (essay type) only in English language. All questions paper must be answered in English.
[button color=”” size=”” type=”” target=”” link=”https://govtjobguru.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/UPSC-IFS-Examination-Pattern-2016.pdf”]Download Complete IFS Exam 2017 Exam Pattern[/button]
Other UPSC IFS Exam Important Pages
- UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2017 – Latest UpToDate
- UPSC IFS Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Latest UpToDate
- UPSC IFS Application Form 2017 – Apply Online
- UPSC IFS Admit Card 2017 – Download Here
- UPSC IFS Results 2017 – Check Result Online
- UPSC IFS Exam Syllabus 2017 – Latest UpToDate
- UPSC Recruitment 2017: Latest Vacancies