The WB Central School Commission recently published a notification that intends to invite applicants for the various vacancies. All successful candidates would be given a post in Government schools based in the region of West Bengal. Here is an exhaustive discussion on this recruitment notification.
WBSSC Recruitment 2017 – 1749 Headmaster/Headmistresses Vacancies – Last Date: 17-7-2017
Post Name: Headmaster/Headmistress in Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools (Except Hill-Regions)
No. of Vacancies: 1749 posts
Age Limit: 55 years
Qualification: Master Degree with degree in bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Education/Post Graduate Basic Training
Selection Procedure: Selection will be based on Written Exam
Application Fee: Rs.1000/- for General & OBC Candidates and Rs.750/- for Reserved Category (SC/ST & PH)
Application Procedure: Apply Online through official website: http://www.westbengalssc.com
Advertisement Date: 8th June 2017
Starting Date for Apply Online Application: 13th June 2017
27th June 2017 (Extended up to 17th July 2017)
Deadline for Payment of Fee:
30th June 2017 (Extended up to 21st July 2017)
Official Website: www.westbengalssc.com
The term Group D here refers to the various posts such as laboratory attendant, peon, matron, night guard, etc. (Closed)
No. of Vacancies
The total number of vacancies under this notification is 4923. A further insight into this recruitment notification reveals the recruitment structure as:
|Post||No. of Vacancies|
|Group D Staff||3,216|
The eligibility criteria for this recruitment will vary for each post. For candidates who are looking forward to apply for the post of Clerk, they will be required to possess the following:
- Age Limit: Candidate’s age should be in between 18 years to 40 years. For the reference, the age shall be computed as on 01.01.2016.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have passed Class X/ Madhyamik from a Government recognized institute or should possess any other degree/ diploma of similar value.
On the other hand, the eligibility criteria for Group D Staff are as follow:
- Age Limit: Candidate’s age should be in between 18 to 40 years. For the purpose of the age, candidates will take the base as on 01.01.2016.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate should have passed Class VIII or any qualification of equal value from a Government recognized Institute.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can follow the easy way to apply for this recruitment notification through the online mode. The candidate needs to visit www.westbengalssc.com and make an online application. For this purpose, the candidate would be required to possess the following:
- A recent color passport sized photograph
- Scanned copy of the marksheet
- A facility to make online payment.
After having the online form available, the candidate needs to fill up the form with basic information and attach the required documents. Then the final step is to pay online and confirm the registration process. Alternatively, candidates can also take a print out of the challan and submit the application fee at their nearest authorized bank.
Candidates who have applied for the post of a clerk would be required to go through a series of test. The overall structure is –
|Written Exam (MCQ)||60|
For candidates who have applied for the post of Group D Staff would be appointed as under-
|Written Exam (MCQ)||45|
Points to Note:
- The last date of application is 31.08.2016
- Test for Clerk and Group D Staff would be held on different dates
- An examination fee of INR 70 (ST/SC/PH) and INR 140 (General and OBC) needs to be paid by candidates who have applied for the post of Clerk.
- An examination fee of INR 60 (ST/SC/PH) and INR 120 (General and OBC) needs to be paid by candidates who have applied for Group D Staff.