PNB SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2024: Punjab National Bank (PNB) has recently issued the official notification for the recruitment of Specialist Officers (SO) in 2024, unleashing a wave of anticipation among aspirants. The selection process, outlined in the notification, sheds light on the examination pattern, though the specifics of the syllabus remain undisclosed. With vacancies open for positions such as Manager in Credit, Cyber Security, Forex, and Senior Manager in Cyber Security, totalling 1025, candidates are fervently seeking insights into the PNB SO syllabus and exam pattern.
PNB SO Syllabus 2024
Before getting into the details of PNB SO Syllabus 2024, it’s important to understand how the exam is set up and how candidates are chosen. This understanding helps you plan your study effectively. The exam has different sections like Reasoning, English, Maths, and Professional Knowledge. Knowing about these sections helps you prepare well for the exam according to the PNB SO Syllabus 2024. Similarly, understanding how candidates are selected, whether through a written test followed by an interview or just an interview, depending on how many people apply, helps you get ready for the right process. So, before you start studying for the SO exam, make sure you know about its pattern and selection process, which aligns with the PNB SO Syllabus 2024.
PNB SO Exam Pattern 2024
The latest exam pattern, as elucidated in the official notification, comprises sections on English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Professional Knowledge. The examination is structured to carry a total of 200 marks with a duration of 120 minutes.
Here’s a breakdown of the exam pattern as provided in the official notification:
- English Language: This section assesses the candidates’ proficiency in English comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, and writing skills. Questions may include reading comprehension, error detection, sentence correction, synonyms, antonyms, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: The reasoning section evaluates the logical and analytical abilities of the candidates. It typically includes questions on topics such as verbal and non-verbal reasoning, coding-decoding, syllogism, puzzles, seating arrangement, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section tests the candidates’ numerical ability and mathematical skills. Questions may cover topics like simplification, number series, data interpretation, arithmetic, algebra, geometry, etc.
- Professional Knowledge: This section assesses the candidates’ understanding and proficiency in their respective fields of specialization. For instance, for positions in Credit, topics may include banking regulations, credit analysis, risk management, etc. For Cyber Security roles, it may encompass cybersecurity fundamentals, network security, ethical hacking, etc. Similarly, for Forex, it could cover foreign exchange markets, trade finance, forex regulations, etc.
While the exam pattern provides a framework for preparation, the absence of an officially disclosed PNB SO syllabus necessitates a strategic approach. Candidates can decode the PNB SO 2024 syllabus by analyzing previous years’ exams, consulting experts in the field, and referring to relevant study materials. It’s crucial to focus on understanding the core concepts and mastering problem-solving techniques to excel in the examination.
In conclusion, the PNB SO exam pattern for 2024 offers candidates a roadmap for their preparation, encompassing essential sections like English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Professional Knowledge. However, decoding the syllabus remains a challenge, requiring aspirants to leverage resources and expertise to formulate an effective study plan. With dedication, strategic preparation, and a thorough understanding of the subject matter, candidates can navigate through the examination successfully and seize the coveted Specialist Officer positions at Punjab National Bank.
PNB SO Selection Procedure 2024
Based on the provided selection procedure for the PNB SO Exam 2024, here is a detailed breakdown of the selection process:
Selection for PNB SO positions follows two scenarios based on application volume: Scenario 1 involves an Online Written Test followed by a Personal Interview, while Scenario 2 comprises the shortlisting of applications and subsequent Personal Interview. In the first scenario, candidates undergo an Online Written Test covering various sections before proceeding to the interview stage. Alternatively, in Scenario 2, eligibility documents are initially collected, and candidates meeting the criteria proceed to the interview, ensuring fairness in the selection process.
The selection procedure for the PNB SO Exam 2024 involves an Online Written Test followed by a Personal Interview or solely the Interview, depending on the volume of applications received. The Online Written Test comprises two parts: Part I includes sections on Reasoning, English Language, and Quantitative Aptitude, while Part II focuses on Professional Knowledge. Candidates must qualify all tests in Part I to be assessed in Part II. The test duration is 120 minutes, with negative marking for incorrect answers. Final selection depends on the candidate’s performance in both the Online Written Test and Interview stages, if applicable.
The PNB SO Exam 2024 syllabus covers topics such as Reasoning, English, Maths, and Professional Knowledge related to the field. While the bank hasn’t officially provided a detailed syllabus, candidates can prepare by focusing on these key areas based on previous exams and expert advice.
Scenario 1. Online Written Test followed by Interview
1. Online Written Test
- Part I: Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude
- Part II: Professional Knowledge
- Duration: 120 Minutes
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- Number of Questions: 25
- Maximum Marks: 25
- English Language:
- Number of Questions: 25
- Maximum Marks: 25
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number of Questions: 50
- Maximum Marks: 50
- Professional Knowledge:
- Number of Questions: 50
- Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Candidates must qualify all the tests in Part-I to be evaluated for the Professional Knowledge test in Part-II. Minimum qualifying marks for each individual test will be determined by the Bank based on candidates’ responses collectively.
2. Personal Interview
- Candidates who qualify the Online Written Test may proceed to the Personal Interview stage. Final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in the Online Written Test and Personal Interview (if conducted).
- In the PNB SO Syllabus 2024, the Personal Interview holds significant weight in the selection process, and it is conducted as follows:
- Candidates who achieve the minimum qualifying marks set by the Bank in Part-I will be eligible for shortlisting for the Interview based on their performance in Part-II, Professional Knowledge, provided they meet other eligibility criteria related to educational qualifications and post-educational work experience.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit documents verifying their eligibility. Only those meeting the eligibility criteria will proceed to the Personal Interview stage, where their performance will be evaluated on various parameters.
- The Personal Interview, constituting a crucial part of the PNB SO Syllabus 2024, carries a weightage of 50 marks. Minimum qualifying marks are set at 45% for SC/ST candidates and 50% for others, emphasizing the importance of thorough preparation.
- Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks in the Personal Interview will be provisionally selected based on their aggregate scores in Part-II (Professional Knowledge) of the Online Written Test and Interview. Success in both the written test and interview, along with merit ranking, is necessary for provisional appointment.
Scenario -2: Shortlisting of Applications and Interview Process
- Eligibility documents are collected from applicants to verify their eligibility based on the criteria outlined by the Bank.
- Only candidates meeting the eligibility criteria will proceed to the next stage.
- The Personal Interview carries a weightage of 50 marks in the selection process.
- Minimum qualifying marks are set at 45% for SC/ST candidates and 50% for others.
- Candidates who meet the minimum qualifying marks in the Personal Interview are provisionally selected based on their interview scores.
- Success in the interview and merit ranking are essential for being shortlisted for subsequent provisional appointment.
This selection process thoroughly assesses candidates through both a written test and an interview. To improve their chances of success, candidates should prepare well for all sections of the exam and be ready for the interview rounds.
PNB SO Syllabus 2024 Detailed
The table below presents the comprehensive syllabus for the PNB SO Exam 2024, categorized into four key sections: English, Professional Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning. Each section includes a detailed list of topics, alphabetically arranged for easy reference. Please note that this syllabus is compiled based on observations from previous exams and expert analyses, and candidates are encouraged to verify information from official sources or seek guidance from PNB career experts.
|Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Antonyms, Antonyms and their correct usage, Cloze Passage, Common Error, Comprehension Passage, Conversions, Fill in the Blanks, Grammar, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Sentence Rearrangement, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words, Spot the Error, Synonyms/Homonyms, Vocabulary, Word Sequence
|Accrual Accounting, Accounting Concepts and Principles, Analysis of Financial Statements, Borrower Legal Due Diligence, Classification of Commercial Borrowers, Commercial/Corporate Credit Products, Credit Assessment Framework, Credit Risk and its Components, Credit Underwriting, Documentation, Exposure Norms, Fair Practices on Lender’s Liability, Financial Statements Structure and Composition, Importance of Banks and Credit in the Economy, Introduction to the Basel Accords on Banking Supervision, Key RBI Guidelines for Credit Facilities, Measuring Credit Risk, Non-Fund based credit Facilities, Priority Sector lending, Project Appraisal, Retail Loans, Role and Importance of the RBI, Structural Elements of Credit Facilities, The Role of Commercial/Corporate Credit, Types of Charges, Understanding Objectives Providers, and Uses of Credit Ratings, Understanding Global Credit Ratings from External Credit Rating Agencies, Understanding National Credit Ratings from Indian External Credit Rating Agencies, Working Capital Management
|Areas, Averages, Boats and Streams, Compound Interest, Indices and Surds, Mensuration, Mixtures and Allegations, Numbers and Ages, Odd Man Out, Percentages, Permutations and Combinations, Pipes and Cisterns, Probability, Problems on L.C.M and H.C.F, Problems on Numbers, Problems on Trains, Profit and Loss, Quadratic Equations, Races and Games, Ratio and Proportion, Simple Equations, Simple Interest, Simplification and Approximation, Time and Distance, Time and Work Partnership, Volumes
|Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle, Analytical Reasoning, Analogy, Arithmetical Reasoning, Assertion and Reasoning, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Completion Incomplete Pattern, Construction of Squares and Triangles, Cubes and Dice, Data Sufficiency, Direction Sense Test, Directions, Dot Situation, Eligibility Test, Figure Matrix, Forming figures and analysis, Identical figure groupings, Logical Sequence of Words, Logical Venn Diagrams, Mirror Images, Operations of Mathematics, Paper Cutting, Paper Folding, Puzzle Test, Rule Detection, Series, Sequential Output training, Situation Reaction Test, Spotting embedded figures, Statement – Arguments, Statement – Conclusions, Syllogism, Venn Diagrams, Verification of truth of the Statement, Visual Reasoning
This table provides a clear breakdown of the topics covered under each section of the PNB SO Syllabus 2024.
Download PNB SO Syllabus PDF
📥 Get the PNB SO Syllabus PDF for easy access and study anywhere. 📚 This handy resource covers English, Professional Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning, helping you prepare effectively. 📝 Plan your study sessions with this downloadable syllabus to ace the exam! 🌟
Disclaimer PNB So Syllabus 204: The PNB SO Syllabus provided above is compiled based on observations from previous years’ exams and analysis of advice from various exam experts and educators. Please note that there are no official resources available regarding the detailed syllabus of PNB Specialist Officers. We recommend consulting your coaching institute or seeking guidance from PNB career experts for accurate and up-to-date information. We do not take responsibility for any discrepancies or inaccuracies in the provided syllabus.
Please refer official notification: https://www.pnbindia.in/Recruitments.aspx