Government of India – Sarthi
Driving Licence Online Application Form
The procedure to get Driving Licence online is very simple. The whole procedure to get driving licence is online except driving test. Government has made very good arragement for the citizens to apply driving licence online from your home. You can apply driving licence online from your Laptop/Desktop/Tablet/Mobile. We will provide you the complete guidance in a very simple language that how to apply driving licence online in all over India.
The procedure to apply driving licence online is available for every state an city in India. You don’t need to pay any agent fee to get driving licence. As you all know first we have to pay extra money to the agents for getting driving licence. But now because of online facilities we can apply it by sitting our home. The government fee to apply licence is Rs.150 for learner licence and Rs.150 for driving licence.
Here is the complete information and step by step procedure to apply driving licence online in India.
The basic eligibility criteria to get driving licence is minimum of 18 years to drive heavy vehicles. Here is the complete minimum eligibility criteria to get driving licence.
|Types of Licence||Eligibility Criteria|
|Motorcycles with Gear||18 Years Minimum|
|Motorcycles without gear (up to 50cc capacity)||16 Years Minimum|
|Commercial Heavy Vehicles and Transport Vehicles||18 Years (Some States 20 Years), 8th Class Passed|
Application Fee for Driving Licence
The following fee applicable for different driving licence. Government can change it time to time. The latest new application fee to get driving licence online is as follows. We update this table if any changes made in driving licence fee.
|Licence Types||Application Fee|
|Driving Licence for Commercial Vehicle||₹600/-|
|Driving Licence for NRI||₹1000/-|
|Driving Licence Renewal Fee||₹200/-|
|Lerner Licence Renewal Fee||₹200|
|Status of Licence||Click Here|
|Apply New Licence||Click Here|
First of all, you need to get learner licence to get final driving licence.
Steps to Get Driving Licence Online
- Fill Application Form
- Upload documents
- Upload photo and signature
- LL Test Slot Booking
- Fee payment
1. How to Fill Driving Licence Online Application Form?
- Visit the website https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice6/stateSelection.do
- Select your state
- Select your RTO office (Your City Office)
- Now, click on “Apply Online” and then click on “New Learner Licence” or “New Driving Licence” (After Learner Licence)
- Now fill all the basic information as required in Driving Licence online application form.
- After submitting the form you will get acknowledgement with “Application Number”.
- You should print this “Acknowledgement Number”.
2. Upload Documents
- Now, it is time to upload documents.
- Select address proof from the list of all documents, upload your address proof and “confirm”.
- Now, select age proof from the list of documents and click on “confirm”.
- After that select the form1 from the list of documents and uploading the another documents.
- Click on Next.
3. Upload Photo and Signature
- Upload Photo & Signature and Click on “Save Photo & Signature Image Files”
- After that you will get message “Photo & Signature is Successfully Inserted”.
- Now click on next
4. Learner Licence Test Slot Booking
- Now you have to select your time and date for giving test for getting learning licence.
- Select your slot and click on “Confirm to Slot Book”
- Now print your appointment letter. You can print this application on later stage by entering application number.
5. Fee Payment
- Now, you need to pay fee by clicking on “Click Here to Continue ePayment”.
- Select your payment gateway and pay fee as per fee table given below.
- Thats the end of online application procedure to get driving licence.
Now, you should go the RTO office Test centres on appointment date and time.
Bring documents While Going to RTO Office
- Form 1 – You can also print out from the official website – https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice4/stateSelection.do
- Appointment Slip
- Payment Slip
- Age Proof – Original
- Address Proof – Original
You will get your driving licence within 3 weeks. You can track your driving licence status by visiting this link
https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/?pur_cd=101 – Click Here
After getting learner licence, you can apply for Driving Licence after one month by entering your learner licence number.
|Width||35mm/1.4 inches (minimum of 420 pixels)|
|Height||45mm/1.75 inches (minimum of 525 pixels)|
|Width x Height||420 x 525 pixels (preferred)|
Size of both photo and signature should be between 10kb to 20 kb
Allowed file formats are JPEG/JPG.
Documents Required for Driving Licence
The following documents are required to get driving licence online.
1. Age Proof
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Birth Certificate
2. Address Proof
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Life Insurance Policy
- Electricity bill
4. Form 1