Change Address in Aadhaar Card Online | Update Address in Aadhaar Card Online | Correction of Address in Aadhar Card Online or Offline
If you have recently changed your residence, then you must change it also in your Aadhaar card. Sometimes, it shows the wrong address, and you want to correct the address in your aadhar card. The procedure is online and offline. Here are the ways you can change/update/correct the address in your Aadhaar card.
1. Online – By doing it all on the official website
2. Offline – By visiting the enrollment centre
We will provide you the complete guide that how you can change or update the address in Aadhaar card easily step by step.
Online – Change Address in Aadhar Card Online
You can change or update the address in Aadhaar Card online if you have already registered your mobile number in Aadhaar Card. UIDAI will send OTP on your mobile number to verify your identity.
If you have not registered your mobile number, then you should read the following article here – How to register or change mobile number in Aadhaar Card?
You should follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Visit the official link here – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/login.html – Click Here
Step 2: Enter your Aadhaar Number (12 Digit UID)
Step 3: Enter your Captcha Verification
Step 4: Enter OTP to login the address update portal
Step 5: Now select the address update checkbox
Step 6: Enter now complete new address.
Step 7: Now upload the original scanned documents supporting your address.
Step 8: Review your uploaded and entered information in English as well as your local language.
Step 9: Now click on the submit button. You will get your “Update Request Number” (URN).
Offline – Change Address in Aadhar Card Offline
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrollment Centre. Check Location Here
- Fill the Aadhar Change Address Correction Form – Download Here
- Fill all the information carefully and submit it to the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre representative.
- Provide your new residence address proof.
- You should pay a fee of Rs.25 for correction of residence address.
- The representative will fill alll the information. Thats it!
Documents Required to Change the Address in Aadhaar Card
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/State Govt. of not more than three years old
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Govt, containing address
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC) OR School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Address
- Extract of School Records containing Name, Address and Photo issued by Head of School
- Certificate of Identity containing Name, Address and Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute
Updates on 12-6-2020: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: As on 12th June 2020, over 17000 Aadhaar Kendra run by our registrars namely Banks, India Post, Staovernments, BSNL and CSC are functional across the country.
Updated on 11-12-2019: नागरिकता संशोधन विधेयक को लेकर लोगों में बैठा ‘डर’, आधार कार्ड के लिए लगने लगी कतार
Update on 20-11-2019: Now you can change your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, mobile number and email ID without any document proof. You just need your mobile number in which you can get OTP. So if you have your old phone number if you want to upgrade your new mobile number then with OTP you can do it easily without visiting any Enrolment center.
In the same way you can change your name, date of birth, gender, email ID in your Aadhaar card without any documents proof.